If you are looking for a way to enhance the quality of your outdoor living experience, a pergola may be the answer. As the perfect addition to your deck or patio and extra space to store plants, a pergola is a great addition to any home. A pergola is a simple structure that can transform and enhance your backyard, turning it into an outdoor living space you will love. To some people, pergolas may look like uncompleted structures because they are usually built with beams and no solid roof or walls. While this is true, they do come with benefits and can help change the entire look of your outdoor space. There are many reasons why you should add a pergola to your home.
Top 10 Reasons For Owning a Pergola
Reasons to Get a Pergola
The top 10 reasons you should consider adding a pergola to your home are:
- Create a definite space: A pergola adds definition to your backyard. You can create a unique space for dining or an entertainment lounge. If you want a definite purpose for your outdoor area, a pergola is the perfect solution.
- Create privacy: If you don’t like being on display when you are relaxing in your backyard, you should get a pergola. It is an open structure, but you can easily create privacy by adding drapes, latticework, or screens to one side of the pergola.
- Create additional space for plants: You can add additional garden space in your outdoor area with a pergola. Plants can hang from the boards or you can create a beautiful hanging garden in the air. A pergola is also appropriate for plants like clematis, honeysuckle, ivy, wisteria, and grape vines as they grow from the ground up. These plants create a beautiful natural ceiling and privacy as they weave through the boards.
- Give protection and shade: A pergola can give you a beautiful shaded area where you can relax in the summer heat without having to worry about a sunburn. If you have a natural roof made of climbing flowers, you instantly get an outdoor lounge where you can relax. You can also design pergolas to have an optional canopy that you can open and close as needed.
- Add value to your home: According to experts, you can add as much as 20 percent to your home with the right landscaping and pergolas are very affordable. They can add immense value to your home as well as beauty and interest to your outdoor area. Your back yard will be a poignant asset if you decide to sell your home.
- Combine it with other structures: One of the best things about a pergola is that it can be used as a lead-in to other structures like verandas or gazebos. Your pergola can also lead to a solitary gazebo from your back door, creating an eye-catching outdoor living area. Pergolas are versatile and the structure works best when combined with other backyard designs.
- Made with different materials: A pergola is an affordable structure that provides a great return. They can be built with a variety of materials like metal, cedar, and even vinyl. You can build one that suits your taste, budget, or style of your home. Having multiple choices means that you can find the perfect one for your home.
- Easy installation: If you love DIY projects, a pergola is perfect for you. It is easy to find pergola kits that come with pre-cut wood and all the required hardware. Pergolas are easy to install, as long as you have the proper tools.You also need help getting the posts and rafters up. Of course, you can always hire a professional and there are many landscaping companies to help you design and build the perfect pergola. Outdoor entertainment place Everyone loves outdoor parties and a pergola gives you an outdoor entertainment space that is versatile and relaxing. Create a dining lounge for some cocktails or a cafe-style hang out for some coffee and cookies.
- Aesthetically pleasing: According to real estate professionals, pergolas are an attractive addition to any backyard. You can further enhance their beauty by adding accessories like hanging pots, lights, curtains, and lighting. You can create your own outdoor living space that you love by adding the specific elements that suit your personality and style.
A pergola is an easy and great structure that will add appeal and value to your backyard. In a few easy steps, you can transform your yard into a comfortable outdoor living space for relaxing or entertaining. No matter what you use the pergola for, one thing you can be sure of, is that you will be happy you got one.