The Coronavirus pandemic has changed daily life as thousands of households throughout the country have been forced to shelter at home and work from home. Most people’s days and weeks are spent in isolation. This can leave you craving a change of scenery. And nobody would blame you.
Quick Patio Makeover Solutions
Getting outside is one of the best things you can do for your health. And it gives just the change of scenery you need. One of the best ways to get outside, while maintaining appropriate social distancing, is in your own outdoor space. With these helpful tips, you can make your patio into a brand new place and a great way to get a new scene and a fresh start each day.
- Have a Seat: And make sure it is a comfortable seat. The more comfortable your patio furniture is, the more likely you and the whole family will want to be outside. Treat yourself to a plush, outdoor sectional with extra-deep seating and big pillows. In no time you will have the perfect space for everything from a midday nap to an afternoon reading session.
- Get Some New Cushions: If your patio furniture is still sturdy and functional no need to get new furniture. You can give what you have a new look with new cushions. Patio cushions break down over time, the fabric fading and the foam degrading. Replacing your patio cushions is one of the most affordable ways to give your outdoor space a new look and added comfort.
- Create Some Shade: Sun exposure is great in small doses. Anytime you step outside, you need to be mindful of protecting yourself from too much sun. If you plan to use your patio for long periods of time throughout the day, it’s best to make sure you have a way to shade your space. Patio umbrellas are affordable and easy to set up so you can get
- Add an Outdoor Rug: A quick, easy, and inexpensive way to give new life to your patio is to lay down a new rug. A large outdoor rug can quickly breathe new life into a tired backyard. It is a simple way to add a pop of color and pattern and it gives your patio a warmer vibe while also making it a more luxurious place to lounge.
- Set Up a Trellis: Give your backyard that “secret garden” feel and add a trellis. These whimsical additions are perfect for privacy and make the perfect home for climbing plants. You can buy a pre-made trellis or you can create your own using wooden boards.
- Let There Be Light: Enjoy the outdoors even after the sun goes down. Bistro string lights add a fantastic moody glow. Or you can get some rechargeable LED lights that look great sitting on a tabletop or hung from a stand.
- Keep It Warm: Another common reason for scampering back indoors is being cold. But this does not have to be a reason to keep you from spending time outside. Heat up your patio with a fire pit. Fire pits naturally help gather friends and loved ones together and they provide light and ambiance to your outdoor world.
If you are not sure what updates you want to make to your backyard, we are here to help. We can help you make the most of your space and add just the right updates to make your outdoor space new and inviting.