Last Updated on April 17, 2017
Over the years, wood framed patio covers have become more popular, as they offer a handful of pros and thus can help an entire family have a great time outdoors, but just like everything else in life, they have a couple of cons that are worth the mention so that you can be prepared to make the adequate decision when it comes time to having your wood framed patio cover constructed.
A wood framed patio cover in Houston TX is a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors. Depending on your taste, this type of cover can be attached to your house or placed separately from it. It is up to you. Wood framed patio covers are available in a wide variety of styles, so it is possible that anyone can find a style that appeals to them, whatever their taste is.
Pros of Wood Framed Patios
- They can protect you from the burning sun rays.
- They can provide a nice shade, which can be very beneficial if you opt to eat outside.
- It can be a safe area where children can play on, as it protects them from attaining a sunburn.
- You can place patio furniture so that you and your family can relax.
Cons of Wood Framed Patios
- They can protect you from burning sun rays, but they won’t be able to protect you from the cold, as they are just a cover–unless you request for it to have glass walls.
- If you choose a wood framed patio that has openings, you won’t be able to be outside to enjoy the view that the rain provides on those cloudy days, as the water will penetrate through those openings; therefore, placing patio furniture wouldn’t be a good option.
- Unless you are a professional, the creation of a wood framed patio should be left to an expert in order to avoid issues.
As you can conclude, having a wood framed patio can be very beneficial, especially if you opt for a wood framed patio that doesn’t have any openings.