Just because the patio furniture is outside doesn’t mean you can’t keep it looking as new and clean as the furniture inside. Whether you have wicker or stainless steel furnishings, there are tips you can use to keep your patio furniture inviting and comfortable, just like it was when you first bought them.
How to Keep Patio Furniture Looking Like New?
- Don’t Leave Furniture in the Sun: The sun’s rays fade the material of your furniture over time, leaving behind uneven coloring and a bleached appearance. The sun can also fade wooden furniture especially if you do not have it sealed or polished on a regular basis.
- Wash Fabrics Periodically: If your patio furnishings have padded cushions, remove these items to wash them periodically. This will remove dust, mud stains, stagnant water, and bird or insect droppings. Always wash these products as instructed on the labels and make sure they are thoroughly dried before placing them back on chairs and couches to prevent mold and mildew from forming.
- Wipe Down Furniture With a Dry Rag: Water stains, dust, and other debris take away from the luster of your outdoor furniture. Use a clean, dry rag to wipe them down regularly. Use a gentle sweeping motion to avoid scratching wooden or metal surfaces.
- Consider a Patio Cover or Large Umbrella: Keeping your furniture covered will help prevent any damage from wet weather and excess sun exposure. Not only does a patio cover or umbrella protect your chairs, tables, and other exterior furnishings, these additions to your patio provide shade as well. You can buy umbrellas for patio tables from most home goods stores and there is a wide assortment of shapes, sizes and colors for you to choose from.
- Use Patio Furniture Covers: When the weather turns rainy or damp, use patio furniture covers to keep your patio pieces in great condition. These covers are ornate and durable in design and provide efficient protection for your furnishings. They protect against the weather as well as against food and beverage stains as well if you want to use them year-round. Invest in various styles of patio furniture covers so you can create a new look for your outdoor space whenever you wish.
Your patio furniture needs to look as inviting as the indoor furniture, but those outdoor elements can make this challenging. Using the tips above, you can protect your patio furniture and ensure that it stays bright, comfortable, and welcoming all year round.