Last Updated on April 17, 2017
Patio drainage problems can ruin beautiful summer days, for example when you are barbecuing or relaxing enjoying the warm weather.
You should make sure that you identify these problems in your water drainage systems before they become too costly to fix. One way is to find them before they get too big for you to handle. In this guide, we look at common patio drainage problems and their solutions.
- Patio Drainage
You should put up drainage systems when installing your patio. That’s because it’s easier to put that way than after installations. That helps in water drainage as you create patio drainage slopes that water can run off. We offer this services that leave your patio looking eye-catching.
- Installing Patio Drainage in Existing Patios
You should consider hiring a professional to install drainage systems in your patio. That’s in the case that water starts to pool in your patio.
That’s because installing them in existing patios requires professional knowledge and techniques. These processes require the cutting of concrete which requires heavy equipment. We advise on the best ways to fill the channel for better appearance.
Why Problems Occur In Drainage Systems?
- Many factors cause your drainage systems to clog up over time. These problems can be a result of outdoor debris that’s brought in by incoming water.
- That means that you have to open up your drainage systems, for example, patio drainage that uses piping and cover grate. These processes require professionals to make sure that these problems do not occur regularly.
- You should also keep in mind that gravel clogs up much faster as it has less room for debris to pass through. The advantage of gravel is that it takes less time to remove the debris when compared to other drainage such as piping.
- Using pressure washers and hose pipes might help to clean the drain. That leaves your gravel looking clean.
- Concrete needs you to break it up to find out the cause of the clogging. That means that you need advanced equipment that you may not have.
- You might need to seal the gaps created when unclogging your drainage systems. That ensures that water does not get back to your pool deck. That’s through applying chemical seals such as polyurethane Deck-O-Seal.
What to Consider When Hiring Construction Companies to Repair Your Patio Drainage Problems
- You should ask about their quotes when hiring these companies. You should also look for local construction companies in Texas for quicker response to your needs.
- One trick of finding good companies is hiring those that give you quotes after physically inspecting the work to be done. That’s because some companies offer different quotes through phones or E-mails and after checking the work to be done.
- You should also check your local by-laws regarding building codes and constructions rules.