It is time to make some changes in your home and this can be very exciting. There are several things you can do to make a home you have lived in for years to feel new again. The topmost requested home modifications are below to give you an idea of where to start when you feel the need to make the change.
The 10 Most Requested Home Modifications
- Open Kitchens: People not only want larger kitchens but they want these rooms to be more open. Upgrades to the kitchen can include a wine cabinet, designer cabinetry, gas cooktops, and double wall ovens. Upgrading appliances can also give a new look to the kitchen and adding larger islands or eat-in kitchen areas are a common trend too.
- No More Formal Dining: In keeping with the larger kitchens, you can remove the formal dining area. A larger breakfast nook provides a more informal environment ad the once formal dining room can now make the perfect home office.
- Larger Master Bathrooms: Bigger spaces are more important these days as part of living comfortably, and master bathroom expansions are a popular modification. Adding a larger bath, vanity, or additional closet space are great ways to create larger bathrooms to make you more comfortable.
- Bonus Rooms: Adding a bonus room your existing floor plan can add an additional 400 to 500 square feet to your property. These bonus rooms are perfect for home theaters or games rooms or even a guest bedroom or private guest suite if you have frequent visitors.
- Multi-Generational Options: For those families that may consist of several generations, additional private living areas are a common modification. Sometimes your guests decide to live in the home more permanently, and setting up a new living area is the best way to accommodate everyone.
- Functional Foyers: Foyers are beneficial additions to a home as they serve a functional purpose perfect for active families. Foyers can house added storage space or a bag and shoe area. Using the most of this space is convenient and functional.
- Spacious Storage: Laundry rooms and storage rooms are getting bigger. Larger and more active families are also incorporating “wet areas” into their utility or storage rooms. Closets can also be more functional if unused as they can be modified to add extra space to utility rooms.
- Outdoor Entertainment: There is nothing like spending time outdoors in the sun and fresh air, and outdoor entertaining becomes more popular, the need for porches, patios, and other outdoor living areas is increased. Adding additional outdoor features such as pool, hot tub, fireplace, or barbecue can also enhance the quality and appeal of your outdoor area.
- Ceilings: Custom ceilings can go a long way in giving a new look to a home, and there is no shortage of options available. Customized ceilings add depth and dimension to a room. Add custom moldings and trims to leave a great finish all the neighbors will be talking about and mane the space more personal by adding a vaulted ceiling.
- Curb Appeal: The exterior of the home matters a great deal. The top looks are Old World Spanish, contemporary, and traditional hybrids. Spanish style homes offer low-pitched tile roofing, arches, and stucco decor while contemporary housing brings more classic appeal without the elaborate ornamentation.