It seems like everybody is worried about their health these days. Maybe that is because there is more stress in the world today then, there has been in the past or because there is a bigger emphasis on staying healthy. Below are nine items for the home including an interesting smartphone app that everyone needs to have. If you really want to keep yourself and your loved ones safer and healthier, these items are must-haves.
1) Humidifier – The humidifier is essential in homes that are located in dry air or in excessively cold climates. These environments can cause you to become more susceptible to sinus infections, the common cold and allergies so a humidifier is a key component when it comes to staying healthy.
2) HEPA vacuum – If you have pets or allergies, you need a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. Otherwise, you are basically circulating the same irritants right back out into the air so you don’t get ahead, even if you clean everyday.
3) Steam dryer – Washing your clothes and then putting them in a steam dryer gets rid of bacteria that are potentially harmful. Therefore, this is one of the most important things that you can have.
4) Touch Free toilet – Have you considered the fact that when you flush the toilet, it sprays water particles up to six feet away? The worst part is that these particles end up on every surface, including the handle. By not touching the toilet, you’re reducing the chances that you might end up with a nasty infection brought on by doing so.
5) Water filtration system – If you have hard water or city water with tons of chlorine in it, you really need a complete water filtration system (like a reverse-osmosis system) so you don’t end up drinking and bathing in added chemicals.
6) Smoke alarm – An overwhelming number of people who die in structure fires every year don’t have a single working smoke detector in the building. This is your first and often your only warning to tell you that something is wrong.
Don’t put your family at risk by not having a working smoke alarm in the living room, in every hallway, every bedroom, and on every level of the home.
7) Carbon monoxide detector – Just like you need a working smoke detector, you need a carbon monoxide detector. This is a colorless, odorless gas that can easily be deadly. You definitely need one if you have a fireplace or if your home uses gas or propane for heating and cooking. Surprisingly, you also need one if your home is entirely electric. If lightning hits your roof and smolders but doesn’t catch fire, the carbon monoxide can kill everyone in the house before anyone realizes that there is a problem.
8) Water filter – Have a water pitcher in the refrigerator that incorporates a filter. We love the Zero Waterfilter the most. This gives you clean drinking water even if you don’t have a water filtration system and saves you time to deal with plastic water bottles.
9) Lapka smartphone app – This is unquestionably one of the most interesting smartphone apps to come along in a very long time. It alerts you to excessive radiation as well as high electromagnetic fields, both of which can be harmful to your health. The point is, you can’t see either one of these things so having an app on your phone that tells you when you are in danger is of paramount importance.
Now that you know the items that you really need to stay safe and get healthy, it is time to put this plan into action and make sure that you are protecting yourself and your loved ones to the best of your ability.